This catalog is a comprehensive listing of placement sites for UCI School of Social Ecology students seeking to complete their field study (SE 195) degree requirement. Students are encouraged to begin looking for an appropriate placement site early in the quarter preceding the quarter in which they plan to do their field study. UNLISTED SITES WILL NOT BE APPROVED FOR PLACEMENT DURING THE CURRENT ACADEMIC YEAR. Sites that are interested in establishing a field study placement with the UCI School of Social Ecology are encouraged to apply. Applications are available under "Site Supervisor Info". Sites that apply in the current academic year, will be evaluated and if approved will be added to the catalog for the following academic year.
Field placement sites are divided into ten areas: corrections, counseling, environmental education, health, legal services, planning, police, public policy, schools, and senior services.
Once the prerequisites to Field Study are complete, Social Ecology students may elect to do Field Study in any of these areas, regardless of their specific major.
Prerequisites for field study are:
- Social Ecology 10 – Research Design
- Must be in good academic standing, with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
- Must be a declared major within the School of Social Ecology
- Must be junior or senior standing
- Be accepted to a field study placement.
- Submit Field Study Course Enrollment Form by established deadlines. Students must have obtained field placement PRIOR to submitting form.
Students with questions about Field Study may also contact the Field Study Program Director, Ashley Vikander during field study open office hours listed on our home page or by calling 949 824-6861 to schedule an an appointment. If you have an urgent issue, please see a counselor during same day walk-in appointments or call (949) 824-6861.
- 0-99 Corrections (08/13/13)
- (01/13/14) - New Community Partner! Health Relationships California - #102, The Orange County Conservation Corp. - #113, Herald Family Center - #114.
- 200-299 Environmental Education and Services (01/13/14) New Community Parnter! California Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Toxic Substances #210
- 300-399 Health (03/03/14) - New Community Partner! UCI School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, Site #313
- (01/31/14) -JHK Law Firm #411
- 500-599 Planning (06/26/13) -New Community Partner! City of Inglewood -Planning Division - Site # 587, City of Westminster - Planning Division - #508
- 600-699 Police/Law Enforcement (01/13/14) - New Community Partner! LASD Century Station - Gang Diversion Team - Site #685
- 700-799 Public Policy (01/30/14) - New Community Partner! Artemis Search Partners - #703, UCI Human Resources #704
- 800-899 Education & Schools (01/13/14) MIKA Community Development Corporation - # 858.
- 900-999 Senior Services (04/17/13) New Community Partner! Orange County Therapeutic Arts Center (MECCA Programs) #901.
- Alphabetical Order (05/08/13)
- Alphabetical Order - with hour availability (eg nights, weekends). (05/08/13)
- By City (05/02/13)
For sites that have current openings or recent changes see "Important Notes & Site Updates."
Links to more Field Study Information & Forms:
- Important Notes & Site Updates (current openings & changes)
- Course Enrollment Form
- Summer Field Study Procedures
- Minimum Standards
- Time Log Form