Social Ecology Graduate Student Handbook
Click below to see the handbook year of your choice below. Please note that you are held to the policies, procedures and requirements for the year that you were admitted. If you would like a copy of editions from 2011 or older, please contact Jennifer Craig, email@example.com.
Race and Justice Studies Emphasis - Students from any UCI state-supported graduate or professional program, including J.D., Master's, and M.F.A. students, are eligible to apply to the Emphasis in Race and Justice Studies, housed in the Department of Criminology, Law and Society.
Law, Society and Culture Emphasis - Students, who have completed one year of course work in any UCI graduate or professional program, including J.D., Master's, and M.F.A. students, are eligible to apply to the Emphasis in Law, Society and Culture, housed in the Center for Law, Society and Culture.
Health and Wellness - We encourage all graduate/professional school students and postdoctoral scholars to take care of yourselves during your academic pursuits. Use the full range of resources available to you to maximize your time at UC Irvine.
GRC Writing Consultation Services – The GRC has trained staff who can work with you to review and edits your job application materials (CV, resume, teaching philosophy, diversity statement, etc.) as well as journal publications, fellowship applications, and more. Individual one hour appointments are available daily. Call the GRC today at 949-824-3849 to schedule an appointment today.
Contact the GRC to register for these workshops:
SOAR Food Pantry - This student-initiated service is available to UCI students who are in need of emergency food. The SOAR Food Pantry provides free non-perishable food items and information about additional resources to address long-term needs. For more information, contact Andrea Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org), UCI's Food Access & Security Coordinator.
DECADE - It is the ongoing mission of the Diverse Educational Community and Doctoral Experience (DECADE) to increase the number of women and underrepresented minorities receiving doctoral degrees at UCI. All graduate students are encouraged to participate in the DECADE program. for more information, please refer to the DECADE website.
Social Ecology Climate Committee
The charge for the School-wide Climate Committee is to monitor the climate for undergraduate and graduate students and faculty, and to enhance the climate for all students and faculty within the School of Social Ecology. Please click here for the committee's mission statement.
- John Dombrink Ph.D., Social Ecology Equity Advisor and Climate Committee Chair, email@example.com
- Jodi Quas Ph.D., Social Ecology Faculty Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendy Goldberg Ph.D., Social Ecology Associate Dean for Academic Programs, email@example.com
- Jennifer Craig Welti Ed.D., Social Ecology Director of Graduate Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ariel Folkerts, Social Ecology Graduate Recruiter, email@example.com
- Criminology, Law and Society
- Planning, Policy, and Design
- Psychology and Social Behavior
- Social Ecology-Core
- Evgenia Nizkorodov, SE-Core Doctoral Student, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Increasing Diversity in the Biomedical Research Workforce
- Experiences of Student-Parents at the University of California, Irvine
Community-Building Events for Graduate Students
- Departmental-specific brown-bag workshops on mental health.
- Social Ecology Holiday Gathering for Graduate Students
- Social Ecology Poster Session for Graduate Students
- Social Ecology Intramural Softball Team for Graduate Students
- Social Ecology Spring Night Out for Graduate Students
Career Planning Resources
Career Advising Drop-In - Whether you are engaged in an academic job search or exploring other careers, the GRC has resources to prepare you for the job market.
In addition to one-on-one advisement, the UCI Career Center also provides graduate students with workshops, Career Classes & Groups, and Assessments to help students recognize their skills and interests. le an appointment at 949-824-3849.
Instructors and TAs, do you need to request a room for a discussion session, review or exam overflow? To do so, please submit the following room request form.
Your room requests will be processed in a time sensitive manner, but it may take up to 10 days to secure a room. Note: Once the quarter has started, it is very difficult to find a room on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10:00am & 2:00pm. In order to expedite your request, please submit some alternate days/times that you can hold your meeting. If you have any questions about your request, you can contact the Graduate Coordinators for each department.
This request form is for classes offered during the academic year only. For discussion section or review rooms for a summer session class please contact Summer Sessions directly.
UCI Office of Student Conduct - Graduate Students' Rights and Responsibilities
IRB Approval for Research
Related Campus Links