Click here for up-to-date information on the latest information pertaining to coronavirus at UCI. Click here for information from the Registrar's Office. Click here for information from the School of Social Ecology.
Frequently Asked Questions
We will continue to update this page as we learn more from UCI leadership. For an up-to-date list of FAQ's on Field Study, click here.
*Last updated April 1st at 2:00pm*
Will I still get to speak with an academic advisor? How will services change?
- Yes! We are still here for you! We have UPGRADED our services to meet your needs in light of these changes. We adapted our advising services to be in line with "social distancing" to protect you, while continuing to provide you with high quality acadmic advising. You can now get academic advice through: chat, zoom, phone appointments, or email- see below for details. In other words, we've got you.
Will the Commencement Ceremony be cancelled?
- The UCI Commencement Ceremony will not take place in the same way as previous years. Commencement is actively looking at alternatives to celebrate our graduates in an appropriate manner. Please visit the Commencement website for any updates and additional questions.
How can I meet with a counselor while also being safe and practicing "social distancing"?
- We have made all of our services consistent with "social distancing"
- Instead of same-day appointments, we have set up Zot Chat! This feature is available Monday-Friday from 9 am to 11:40 am and 1 pm to 3:40 pm (except Wednesday mornings). This is a live chat session with a Social Ecology Undergraduate Advisor. If an advisor isn't available to chat right away, you may be asked to try again later. We are working to make this transition as smooth as possible and we appreciate your patience while we navigate new technology.
- If you have a previously scheduled appointment, you will be contacted at your UCI email in order to set up a Virtual Meeting with a counselor via Zoom or given the option to have a phone appointment with a counselor.
You do not have to download anything in order to join a Virtual Meeting via Zoom. You can join the Zoom Virtual Meeting via the URL in the email from your counselor.
- When you are booking an advanced appointment with a counselor, you will be asked to provide your phone number. In addition to your phone number, you have the opportunity to indicate if you want to make it a phone appointment. If you do not indicate that it will be a phone appointment, you will be sent information via email on joining a Virtual Meeting at the time of your appointment.
If I select Phone Appointment will you call me or do I call the office?
- A counselor will be calling you at (or around) your appointment time at the Phone Number you provide, which is why it's extra important that you remember to include your Phone Number!
Can you answer my questions via email?
- We will do our best! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. If we are unable to help via email, we will provide you with the link to book an appointment with a counselor.
Without same day appointments, will you have enough appointments to meet with us?
- We will do our very best! Our goal is to continue to provide you with our advising services to the best of our abilities during this transition. We appreciate your patience while we navigate this transition. In order to better serve our students, our advanced appointments will be shortened to 20 minutes. This will allow us to have more availability for all of our counselors to meet with you virtually or via phone call.
What does this mean for Winter 2020 Field Study?
- Students are not required to complete the remainder of their field study hours if they have not yet completed them. Supervisors are requested to submit the actual hours completed. Students will not be penalized for having less than the required hours.
What does this mean for Spring 2020 Field Study?
- We have modified the requirements for spring 2020 only. Students are NOT required to complete hours at a community organization. The field study class is still required.
What does this mean for Summer 2020 Field Study?
- We are continually monitoring the situation and the campus is working together to address and plan for summer. At this juncture we don’t have information for summer. We will keep you informed as decisions are made.
Will I get a refund for my parking permit?
- Great question! Please visit the Transportation and Distribution Services website under NEWS for their Spring Quarter Parking Update.
Since all of our Spring 2020 classes are online, can I register for courses that are at the same time? Will the Schedule of Classes be updated to reflect that courses are online?
- Nope. Courses are being transitioned to being taught remotely. This means that, if all goes according to plan, at the day/time that your classes are scheduled, you will be watching your instructor give the lesson plan for that day. Online courses have a very specific format, so we don't want you to think that Spring 2020 remote courses will be like any previous online courses you have taken at UCI.
But since all courses are remote and don't have classroom capacity, you can help me enroll beyond the course max right?
- Course maximums are set due to classroom restrictions but they are also set with faculty and TA capacity in mind. A faculty member can only grade so many assignments and work with so many students per quarter depending on their course load and research. We will NOT be exceeding course maximums for Spring 2020.
How do I add more units for Summer 2020?
Email in your Enrollment form or Course Change Form . Per Summer Session: Please do not write in any credit card information or your social security number. Please be sure to write in your email address and your phone number. After we receive your form and process it, we will call you for your payment information. Please attach your form to this email with the approval for the extra units.
Email it to email@example.com.
If you have any further questions about Summer Session, feel free to email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at (949)824-6494
What if I don't have WiFi?
- Here is a directory of free WiFi hotspots.
- Here is the OIT link that will continually update free and discounted broadband options.
What do I do if I have transcripts or a UC IGETC to send in from another institution?
- Your institution may send UCI Undergraduate Admissions your transcript or UC IGETC electronically through Parchment or eScrip. We are unable to accept screenshots of transcripts or UC IGETCs or emails sent to our office with these documents – they must go through UCI Undergraduate Admissions. Please contact your institution's Registrar’s office for more information about how to send these electronically.
Can I take my School/Major Courses P/NP?
- Yes, for Spring 2020 only.
Can I take my Change of Major requirements P/NP and use them to change into a new major in the School of Social Ecology?
- Please visit the registrar's website for more information.
We understand that all of this uncertainty can be very overwhelming. We will do the best we can to work with you to alleviate your concerns about your academics. Your health should be your number one priority. Take care of yourself and visit the Student Health and Wellness Center if you feel ill. For more information on how to manage stress related to the COVID-19 outbreak, please click here. Do not hesitate to reach out to Counseling Services if you would like more support.