Graduate Admissions

Application Information

An application for admission is required for all Social Ecology graduate programs offered. Please visit our Application Information website for more details.

Additional brochures and printed material are available for some departments. Use the following links to request printed materials for the programs indicated.

If you have additional questions, please contact or go to the Graduate Division website for more information. The Social Ecology Student Affairs Office coordinates all aspects of the graduate admissions process.

Graduate Programs and Faculty

Graduate Courses

Related Campus Links

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need the GRE exam?
A. Regardless of whether you've taken the GMAT or LSAT, the GRE is required. GRE scores are good for 5 years; the exam must be repeated if scores are older. Only the general exam is required, we do not require a subject exam.  Please use the GRE code for UCI: R4859

Q. My undergraduate degree is not in the same area as the graduate degree in which I am interested, can I still apply?
A. In general, you can still apply. But you should refer to the websites for the individual departments for additional information with regard to this question. To be competitive for admission some of our degree programs require a solid background in specific academic areas. Overall it is helpful if you have taken courses in social science statistics and have some research experience.

Q. Can hard copies of my letters of recommendation be submitted?
A. Yes. Letters of recommendation can be submitted electronically via the Graduate Division application website or by mail to the School of Social Ecology.

Q. May I submit more than three letters of recommendation?
A. You may submit more than three letters of recommendation. Please note that at least two of the three letters must be from faculty.

Q. Does the School require a writing sample with my application?
A. A writing sample is not required.