About Us

Our Mission Statement

In Social Ecology Undergraduate Affairs, we provide holistic advising to each student. By interpreting and enforcing both university and school policies, we seek to empower students to make informed decisions about their education. We collaborate with students to set personal, educational, and professional goals and ensure they have the knowledge of and access to resources to achieve those goals. Ultimately, our goal is for each student to become a proactive agent in their educational journey.

Undergraduate Affairs

The Office of Undergraduate Affairs in the School of Social Ecology has a committed team of professional staff and peer academic advisors dedicated to helping our undergraduate students achieve academic and personal success. We are student-centered, responsive to student needs and concerns, and solution-focused. We invite you to meet with us to discuss course scheduling, career planning, graduate and professional school preparation, transition/adjustment issues, academic policies and procedures, among many other topics. We look forward to serving you during your undergraduate career at UC Irvine.

Click on each name below to learn more! 

Name: Danielle Primavera
Title: Director, Undergraduate Affairs
Education: B.A. in English with minors in Education and Sociology from UCI (zot zot!) and a M.S. in Counseling in Student Development in Higher Education from CSULB

Why I do what I do:
I find joy in witnessing and being a part of growth and development. I think college is such an exciting time where students are figuring out who they are and who they want to be, and I love supporting and being a part of that process. My favorite question to ask students is "What are your long-term goals? What would your dream life look like, 5 years from now?" and I like working backwards from there. So, be prepared for that, if you you make an appointment with me. You will be both supported and challenged to grow. As a director, I am able to help students on a broader scale by making sure our practices support student success and that every decision is made with students' best interests in mind. I am lucky to lead a wonderful team and we look forwarding to meeting you!

Fun fact:
I am Filipino American and the first in my family to go to college here in the US and I am proud of myself for navigating that process! Also, I speak Italian semi-fluently (my husband is Italian).

Hobbies:
Dance parties in my living room with my 3 little kids. Watching my succulent garden grow and propagating leaves. Reading. Walking. Walking while reading.

Favorite TV:
Guilty pleasure show is the Bachelor/all Bachelor adjacent content.

Name: Alejandra Garibay
Title: Assistant Director
Education: BS in Statistics from UC Davis

Why I do what I do:
I like helping people help themselves. My favorite moments in advising are when students realize the answer to their questions as we work together.

Fun fact:
I have 2 cats and 2 dogs.

Name: Dmitry Tsukerman
Title: Director of Field Study
Education: M.S. in Clinical Psychology and Ph.D. in Psychological Science

Why I do what I do:
In my own grad school and career experiences and in years of student mentorship, I've learned the importance of making the right moves early to set up for later success. I am thrilled to provide students with the knowledge and opportunities to explore their own grad school and career goals and to get experience and connections that can open up a world of possibilities at the next level. It is even more rewarding to see our students supporting their communities while building their own futures.

Fun Fact:
I can cook many traditional Russian dishes that I learned from my mother and grandmother

Hobbies:
Playing and watching sports (and Fantasy Football!), camping, cooking, and playing guitar

Favorite movies/books/food:
I love sushi and big, rare steaks! Some of my dearest and favorite books are by Fredrik Backman and Larry McMurtry (and secretly, Harry Potter). Several of my all-time TV shows are Friday Night Lights, House M.D., Parenthood, Frasier, and of course, Breaking Bad.

Name: Josh Miller
Pronouns: They/them
Title: Academic Counselor

Cats:
One angry bb named Rascal. Feel free to ask to see pictures! Always happy to show people Rascal in her full torbitude.

Music:
What you’d expect a late-30s hipster to listen to? Radiohead, The National, Kendrick Lamar, Spoon

Hobbies:
Tabletop gaming, video games, trolling Social Ecology student staff Irvine Food Recommendations: Sgt Pepperoni’s (pizza), Memphis Café (southern/soul food), Tim Ho Wan (dim sum)

Advising Style:
I’m big on authenticity and relational advising, and try to create an even playing field in my appointments. That way we can talk through stuff together, rather than me telling you what to do. I also have a ridiculous sense of humor that is a combo of terrible dad jokes and turn-of-the-century Will Ferrell movies (think Anchorman, Talladega Nights). So be prepared for some groaners.

Name: Lisardy Velasco
Title: Academic Counselor - ACE Coordinator
Education: B.A. in Sociology, M.S. College Counseling and Student Development

Why I do what I do:
I found college to be challenging to navigate as a first-generation college student. After learning that academic counseling in higher education was a career, I knew that this is how I wanted to help others. I am excited about helping students transition to college and seeing them thrive.

Fun Fact:
I attended community college for 6 years prior to transferring.

Name: Yvonne Vo
Title: Academic Counselor
Education: BA in Psychology & Social Behavior at UCI and M.Ed. In Postsecondary Administration & Student Affairs at USC

Why I do what I do:
I was a first-generation, commuter student who was fortunate enough to find a home outside of my home through my involvements at UCI. I want to connect with you and be a part of your journey in navigating UCI and support you towards reaching your goals/expectations.

Fun Fact:
I can juggle!

Hobbies:
hiking, concerts, beach, boardgames, puzzles, and frequent trips to Costco!

Name: Lizet Ceja Diaz
Title: Field Study Coordinator
Education: Bachelors of Arts, Sociology (Cal State Fullerton)

Why I do what I do:
I am inspired by the difference I can make in preparing students for their professional life after their undergraduate years. Also, as a former community partner, I am passionate about being able to create long-term relationships with our community partners, where our students gain experience and skills, and partners have the support they need to keep providing for our community!

Fun Fact:
I can chew a whole pack of gum in less than one hour

Hobbies:
Kickboxing, crafting, and party decorating

Favorite movies/books/food:

Movie: Gladiator

Book: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Food: Mexican, not just because I am one, but because it's the best! :)

Why I do what I do:I had a transformative experience at UCI getting involved in different organizations and programs and learning from various faculty and staff members. I want to be able to give back to this community that shaped me into who I am today. And, of course, I haven’t had enough of UCI yet, so I want to come back to this university and continue working with its students and staff.

Fun Fact: I have worn night contacts for almost 7 years now!

Hobbies:Reading, watching cdramas/kdramas, exploring new food places in OC and LA, and cuddling with my husky.

Favorite movies/books/food: It’s hard to choose favorites, but I love Romance movies/films/shows/books. Twilight is always my go-to. In terms of food, I love Asian cuisines, especially street foods.

Why I do what I do:I truly enjoyed my time as a student within the School of Social Ecology, and I want to support college students in their pursuit of education because I feel like I got so much out of mine. I am also a big people-person and I enjoy being able to work with my colleagues in our shared goal of helping students.

Fun Fact: I grew up in Imperial Beach, California, the most southwesterly city in the continental United States.

Favorite movies/books/food: My favorite movie is The Phantom of the Opera, my favorite book is My Brilliant Friend, my favorite show is Lost, and my favorite food is any and every type of breakfast food!

Bailey Cortes

Ashley Jane Pagador

Diana L. Trujillo

Sophie Davis

Kaitlynn Nguyen

Katelyn Aoki

Sophia Ma

Katrina Isabelle Pagdayunan

Andrea Sustaita
Phoebe Caudill

Eli Lopez Rodriguez

Victoria Beltran

Jake Chow

Graduate Affairs

Jennifer Craig Welti
Director, Graduate Affairs
(949) 824-5918

Irice Castro
Assistant Director
(949) 824-1874

Other Graduate Staff Contacts
Click Here