2017-2018 Degree Requirements
The School of Social Ecology offers either a general interdisciplinary degree in Social Ecology or a more focused experience through degree programs in Criminology, Law and Society; Psychology and Social Behavior, and Urban Studies. Major requirements for each degree program are described below:
- B.A. in Criminology, Law and Society
- B.A. in Psychology and Social Behavior
- B.A. in Social Ecology
- B.A. in Urban Studies
Minors offered in the School of Social Ecology include:
- Social Ecology
- Criminology, Law and Society
- Psychology and Social Behavior
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Urban Studies
A minor consists of a coordinated set of courses (seven or more), which together take a student well beyond the introductory level in an academic area, yet not sufficient to constitute a major. All minors are available to students regardless of their major with the exception that students may not minor in the same topic as their major. Minors are listed on a student's final transcript but are not on the baccalaureate diploma.
For certification in a minor, a student must obtain a minimum overall GPA of at least a 2.0 in all courses required for the minor program. No more than two courses applied to a minor may be taken Pass/Not Pass.
Sample Program Pathways 2015-2016
For a description of undergraduate courses, please visit the UCI catalogue.
- Criminology, Law and Society (3 Year Plan) (4 Year Plan)
- Psychology and Social Behavior (3 Year Plan) (4 Year Plan)
- Social Ecology (3 Year Plan) (4 Year Plan)
- Urban Studies (3 Year Plan) (4 Year Plan)