The 2023-2024 Social Ecology Honors Program is now accepting applications
Priority Deadline: June 5, 2023
Final Deadline: September 8, 2023, or when all Honors Program seats are full (whichever comes first)
What is the SE Honors Program?
- SE Honors is an opportunity for students to work closely with faculty on research, while learning best practices of research design, data collection and the presentation of findings.
- This program is a year commitment, three-quarter long course sequence for Social Ecology seniors who are conducting thesis projects.
- SE Honors participants present their projects in the Spring during the symposium with the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
Should I participate in the SE Honors Program?
- If you have an interest in creating/expanding research, collaborating with faculty and your fellow peers, and learning how to best approach challenges within society, the SE Honors Program would provide that opportunity.
- Participating in this program will help students apply the materials that they have studied in texts and during lectures into original research projects.
- This experience can greatly increase a student's chances of successfully being admitted into a Ph.D. program and provide a platform for students to hone their scholarly, professional and personal relationships.
At the time of application,
have the following complete/in-progress
Excellence in Research in
Social Ecology Eligibility
|Week/Quarter of 3rd Year||Preparation|
|Week 1: SPRING||SE Honors application opens. Have the following documents ready to upload:
|Application Deadlines and Review Timeline||
Sample SE Honors Application Proposals
2023 SE Honors Info Session Zoom Recording